Monday 22 June 2015

Metal Band’s Vocalist Covers Avicii’s ‘Wake Me Up’

I find myself guilty of clumping all metal guitarists into the same group. I would not consider myself heavy metal's biggest fan, but when I stumble across things like this I always reconsider. Sam Meador is the vocalist and keyboardist of the metal band Xanthochroid. The complexity of his cover of this tune astounds me. The more I learn about metal (of all subgroups), the more I realize there is much more musical sophistication that meets the eye. Though it can be masked with a loud crashy drummer and a ridiculous amount of distortion, there are some truly beautiful things that happen in many metal groups! Check out one of these metal gods covering a pop song! This is what you get when a metal band vocalist covers a pop song. Sam Meador, vocalist and keyboardist of the metal band Xanthochroid sings an acoustic version of the Avicii hit song Wake Me Up. With his unique percussive guitar strumming and plucking style and a voice that would definitely make it in the acoustic genre, Meador's cover of the song is one of the best covers of the song you'll ever hear. Via archipelagofiles.com What Happens When a Death Metal Guitarist Does an Acoustic Cover of Avicii's 'Wake Me Up?' Disney's Frozen theme Gone Metalcore - Metal Injection This one is for the metalheads whose significant other or kids dragged them to see the movie (but let's be honest, you were going to see it anyway). Posted by Metal Injection on July 15, 2014 at 11:09 am Via metalinjection.net

The post Metal Band’s Vocalist Covers Avicii’s ‘Wake Me Up’ appeared first on Merriam Music - Toronto's Top Piano Store & Music School.

No comments:

Post a Comment